Friday, February 11, 2011

New Shipment


Well, another week and a little bit more chaos! No sooner have we recovered from the flood than the new shipment is knocking on our front door! And... except for the fact that I can't see the person next to me for the amount of furniture that's in here, it's all rather exciting. Due to the floods, none of the new stock will go on the website for 3-4 weeks so I've decided to feature a little bit here. Enquire

It's been yet another educational afternoon, as I've realised that I've turned my nose up at something I shouldn't have in favor of something else. This table below, which is a superior quality dining/centre table with beautiful hand done inlays is a stunner, but you wouldn't have known it. Our restorer Lyndon took to it with methylated spirits and steel wool this afternoon and this was the result. I couldn't help but notice my father trying not to laugh as he watched my face fall. Underneath was this. You could barely see the detail on the left side and what you see on the bottom side is purely a result of cleaning.

So it is with tail between legs that I leave work this afternoon. It won't last long though...



On Monday I get to look at the beautiful girl up the top all day!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is magnificent
    MOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree - it's an absolute beauty. There's a full size image at the following link. http://www.wallrocks.com.au/AntiqueCollection/Products/CategoryID/196/Category2ID/139/List/0/Level/2/ProductID/697.aspx?SortField=DateCreated+DESC%2cProductName

    ReplyDelete