Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just The Way It Is

How often I flick through a magazine and love a room that's been featured, but wish I could get in there and change three or four things in it, generally to give it a bit more character. Not this time. These two houses below were featured in the Feb/March 2011 issue of Belle Magazine and I'm in love! The perfect combination of antique furniture and architecture with modern design concepts and colours.

These spaces are simply to die for, and so are the antiques. I love that they've used this beautiful settee especially and it reminds me a lot of one that I bought in France on my last buying trip (see below). It's a 19th century Charles X day bed. Mine needs a little TLC and some new fabric.
Click here to view a larger image.

This Paris apartment also featured in Belle below blew me away. The way that they've pulled really contemporary elements and colour in with beautiful traditional space and the most stunning French commodes and centre table.

Check out the pair of French Empire Commodes!




No comments:

Post a Comment